We hosted an in-person seminar and networking event on 29 September in London.
In recent years the number of climate-related disputes has grown significantly, with likely precedent setting cases underway. Jenna Burton (Director, Raedas), Nathalie Allen (Legal Director, Addleshaw Goddard), Margherita Cornaglia (Barrister, Doughty Street Chambers) and Annette Magnusson (Co-Founder, Climate Change Counsel) discussed what makes these cases unique and how a fresh approach may be required, including:
- What are “climate disputes” or cases that incorporate a climate-related issue?
- Building a pre-litigation/arbitration strategy : is a different approach required?
- What are the strategies for evidence gathering and fact finding in these cases?
- How can parties’ climate commitments be leveraged to compel settlement?
- How can reputational risk be leveraged?
- How does climate-related risk affect the value of an asset?
The discussion was followed by a Q&A session and coffee and networking.
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org